Some might ask, “If you’re already a nurse, why do you choose to be a doula?” To me birth is a sacred, beautiful journey. It’s as instinctual and physiological as breathing. As a nurse, my duties often consisted of medical tasks without much time to truly support the patient and family as well as I wanted to. There just wasn’t enough time. Between passing pills and calling doctors, I couldn’t always support my patients holistically, as a “whole” person. Doulas support their birthing clients and families from an emotional, physiological, and informational standpoint. Being able to support my clients on this level, was what I truly desired. And…I love babies! We have four children (and one on the way!) here on earth, with our 3rd son Samuel, looking down on us from heaven. After the birth of our stillborn son, I knew the Lord wanted me to use my experiences and gifts he has given me to support and come alongside other moms on their birth journeys. I’m so blessed with this opportunity! AND, as I like to say, witnessing the miracle of birth just never gets old! The entire process of preconception through pregnancy and childbirth never ceases to amaze or inspire me. Of course, there can be times of anxiety, fear, and sadness. Doulas are there for ALL of it…through the long haul, thick and thin. I work for YOU (not your hospital, medical, or birth team). I will provide physical, emotional, and informational support as well as unwavering, personalized support through thick and thin. It’s my desire that you feel empowered to have the birth you envision and feel supported in your beliefs and decisions about your birth. Doulas are a comfort and a companion. I don’t take the place of the father or birth partner, but instead facilitate bonding between the two of you, complementing and enhancing their role in this special process. It’s truly such a blessing to bring another life into this world. With the support of a doula, families can feel free to take in the whole process and enjoy the beautiful journey of childbirth without much worry about all the little details. I would be honored to use the tools I’ve learned through my training and from my own personal birth experiences to compassionately support, educate, and accompany you on this beautiful journey.
Birth Services Include:
Free Consultation/ Meet & Greet
- We will meet, get to know each other, discuss my services, and most importantly…..talk about you and your baby!
- These visits usually take place in the comfort of your home. Prenatal visits are an important component to your childbirth journey. I will provide information and education, non-judgmental encouragement and support, discuss birth options and formulate your birth plan/ vision for your birth, talk about labor and birth techniques, comfort measures, support for your partner/ other children, and address any other questions or concerns you may have. An educational birth packet is included as well as access to my personal library of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and childcare books and resources.
- You’re never alone! From the time you sign your contract, you will have continuous on-call support from me whenever you may need it via phone, text, email, or messenger during normal business hours, as well as 24/7 on-call support from 37 weeks until the birth.
- The most exciting time….meeting your baby! I will be at your birth providing continuous physical, informational, and emotional support from the time you request me during your labor (utilizing doula comfort tools such as heat pad, cold pack, massage balls, rebozo, essential oils, positive affirmations, birthing and peanut balls, honey sticks, etc.), and stay in the immediate postpartum period helping with initial feedings, bonding, and make sure you are comfortable after the birth. I am “on-call” for your birth from 37 weeks gestation until the birth. I have the privilege of being a member of a local faith-based doula collective which provides additional resources as well as an experienced back-up doula if the rare need for a back-up were to arise. These are trusted doula “sisters” who all have similar training and birth philosophy.
- The postpartum period is a very important time in your childbirth journey of healing, bonding with baby, and adapting to a new normal for your family. These visit(s) take place in the comfort of your home and include discussion of your birth experience, non-judgmental encouragement and emotional support, feeding support for baby, helping with light tasks as needed around the house, facilitating a nurturing environment, allowing mom to rest/ nap, helping with other children, answering any questions about postpartum issues, and providing postpartum resources.
- The Birth package includes a free consultation/ meet & greet, prenatal visits, on-call support, attendance at birth and immediate postpartum period following the birth, and postpartum visit(s). The Birth package is valued at $1,000. A minimum of $400 is due at time of contract signing, as I will be declining other clients during your birth time-frame. The remaining balance of $600 is due at 37 weeks gestation. I believe everyone should have the support they need for the birth they desire. If you are in financial hardship, or are going through a loss, additional financial arrangements may be made in the form of scholarships and/or payment plans.
Custom Packages & Add-Ons
- Prenatal visits ONLY: For birth clients desiring prenatal support, education, and resources only, without need for doula presence at birth. Valued at $400.
- Birth support ONLY: For experienced birth clients desiring doula support for birth and postpartum only, without need for prenatal visits & education. Valued at $600.
- Virtual Doula Support: Due to certain hospital restrictions, I am available to virtually support you for your prenatals, birth, and postpartum. A combination of in-person doula care & virtual support is also possible, for instance providing early labor support physically at client’s home before going to hospital. Valued at full birth package fee of $1,000.
- Essential oil & Herbal support: Custom blends to support pregnancy & childbirth. Pricing varies.
I attend ALL births: Hospital & Community
- Hospital, birth center, home birth (with midwife present), inductions, cesarians, V-BACs, high-risk, spontaneous/ pre-term labor, stillbirth, infant loss, etc.
- Provide physical comfort
- Provide emotional comfort
- Inform/ educate clients
- Act as an extra set of hands
- Encourage self-determination
Doulas DO NOT:
- Practice medicine or perform medical tasks
- Make decisions for clients
- Replace the father or other birth partners
- Catch or “deliver” the baby
“Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth.” Psalm 127:3
If you are looking for support for a loss birth, first of all, I am so sorry your are going through this. At this most tender time, I would be honored to help support you and your family as you navigate through this difficult process. I will support you with warmth, compassion, and respect during this difficult time. My role includes compassionately supporting families through miscarriage, still birth, and fatal diagnoses; tenderly providing resources, education, and options for support before, during, and after birth.
“I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14